Last updated: 22 April 2021
What information do we collect?
The following information is collected when signing up for a Climate Insights Corporate user account.
- Email address
- Account password hash
- Organization name and position
- Phone number and mobile number
- Street address, city, state and country
- Asset locations and attributes (as part of data requests)
The following information is collected when signing up for a Climate Insights Property Report.
- Email address
- Address of report generation
How do we collect your data?
- Through our web site (create user account for Climate Insights Corporate and when adding you address for generation of a Climate Insights Property Report.
- Communication via direct contact (phone, e-mail, in-person contact, etc)
How is your data stored?
- Your data is stored in an encrypted database, hosted in Microsoft Azure servers.
- Some data may be stored in email, cloud storage and online CRM services hosted by Google, Microsoft, Mailchimp and Podio.
- Our agreements with these providers protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
What do we do with your information?
Your information is used to:
- Provide product licence activation and licence management
- Provide customized user account experience on our web site for the user
- Provide us with information for a better support experience
- Assist our sales and customer support staff members
- Produce output from processing requests
Who has access to your data?
- CLIMsystems staff members (support, sales and database administrators)
- We do not share your data directly with third parties, though some third parties may be used to host your data. See “How is your data stored?” for more information.
A cookie is a small file/database entry that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our web site. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use, the browser that you use and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
You can use the settings of your web browser to disable and delete cookies (this will result in the ‘My Account’ section of the web site from not working correctly). If you do not login to our web site no cookie will be created.
Contacting us directly
Post: P.O. Box 638, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand
What are your data protection rights?
- You have the right to request (and receive) a copy of the data we have about you.
- You have the right to make corrections to your data.
- You have the right to request your data be deleted from our servers.
Managing your data
You can update your personal data profile though the “My Account” section of our Climate Insights Corporate web site.
You can access your Climate Insights property report through the url provided to the email address you provided when you generated your Climate Insights Property Report.
If you would like to receive a copy of your data, request that we delete all your data from our servers, or correct issues with your data, please e-mail us email@example.com.
How can I contact the appropriate authority?
If you wish to make a complaint or feel we have not addressed your concerns, you should contact the Information Commission’s office.